December means the holidays: Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, and New Year’s Eve. With the New Year comes a chance to change (or so we tell ourselves). We see the New Year as the best time to take on a new habit, stick to our failed diet, exercise more, take better care of our minds and bodies. Since many of you will likely be making resolutions soon, we thought we’d give you a few you can add to your list. Use these as inspiration, either to better yourself, or to help you find the perfect goal.
These resolutions are mainly related to healthy, beauty, and wellness. Of course, there are an endless number of goals you can come up with, but these are the topics we chose to focus on.
Skincare & Beauty Resolutions
– Mousturize after showering
– Wear sunscreen daily
– Create a daily cleansing routine
– Always remove makeup before bed
– Make a yearly appointment with the dermatologist
– Clean your makeup brushes
– Resist the urge to pop pimples
Health & Wellness Resolutions
– Drink more water
– Get your rest (at least 8 hours)
– Create a realistic workout schedule you can stick to
– Pick up a new sport
– Sign up for a 5K and train for it
– Get outside more
– Stop smoking
– Cut back on alcohol
– Start meditating daily
– Cut out stressful things in your life
– Spend more quality time with friends and family
– Go meatless one day a week
– Log 10,000 steps per day
– Cook more meals at home (rather than eat out)
– No screens before bed
– Volunteer once a month
So these are all just suggestions to help inspire you as you come up with your New Year’s resolutions. It can be tough picking which ones you want to incorporate into your life. It’s important though to pick about 3 to start off. Picking too many can be too much at once for some people. If you decide to train for a 5k, quit smoking, volunteer once a month, and pick up a new sport, you may find it hard to get everything done in addition to your daily tasks. It’s an even better idea to focus on your top resolution. If you want to quit smoking, make that your main focus. Sure you can also drink more water, and go meatless one day a week as well, but try not to add too many other significant resolutions to your list.
There you have it! If you have any resolution suggestions feel free to comment below.