Fall is here, pumpkin is back and all is right with the world. Pumpkin beer, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin everything everywhere you go, so why not take some of your everyday DIY skin care products and “fallify” them with some pumpkin! This isn’t just because pumpkin is amazing, but pumpkin has SO many benefits to your skin!
Pumpkin contains enzymes that help to dissolve dry skin cells. It is a potent antioxidant that fights wrinkle causing free radicals in your skin. Plus, it helps fade sun spots and age spots! Pumpkin contains vitamin A, alpha and beta-carotenes, vitamins C, K and E, and minerals, including magnesium, potassium, and iron.
My Best Badi Pumpkin Body Scrub
1) Create Pumpkin Pie Mix:
- 6 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 4 TBSP ground ginger
- 4 TBSP ground nutmeg
- 3 TSP ground allspice
- 3 TSP ground cloves
2) Create Body Scrub
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 white sugar
- 1 TBSP + 1 TSP of Pumpkin Pie Mix
- 3-4 Tbsp Almond oil (Coconut or even olive oil will work here too)
Mix the dry ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
Drizzle the oil while working it into the sugar mixture
The final product should be wet, but not soaked. Use during a steamy shower or bath and enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon cooked pumpkin (Canned will work too!)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- optional: 1 teaspoon Vitamin E Ingredients
- Mix and mash all ingredients together and apply to skin.
- Leave on skin for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water and cleanser.