This summer, pamper your skin with ingredients you have at home. Try not to eat these masks and scrubs before they make it to your skin! 🙂
You’ll feel positively decadent when you try this chocolate face masks. It’s best for normal skin, and will leave your face silky smooth. The cream and honey provide extra moisture, and the oatmeal will slough off dead skin cells. This is the perfect mask for smelling beautiful and deliciously edible.
Get the mask:
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 teaspoons oatmeal powder
Mix all ingredients together and smooth onto face. Relax for 10 minutes; then rinse with warm water.
* Courtesy of Bliss Spa, New York City
The natural enzymes found in papaya will help you exfoliate and refresh.
How to get touchable skin:
- Wash face thoroughly.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- While water is heating, mash 1/2 of a papaya into a paste.
- Move pot to table and place face over steam, holding a bath towel over your head. Adjust to be sure skin is at a comfortable temperature.
- Steam face for 5-8 minutes.
- Apply papaya mixture, carefully avoiding the eye area.
- Lie down and relax for 5-10 minutes.
- When you feel fully rejuvenated, rinse your face and apply moisturizer for a radiant complexion.
* Courtesy of Nob Hill Spa, San Francisco.
Good Morning Spa Coffee Body Scrub
If you can’t start your day without a cup of joe, this scrub is for you. Imagine the smell of coffee with you in the shower, and stepping out completely exfoliated and soothed. What’s not to love?
Wake up right:
If the smell of freshly brewed coffee perks you up in morning, try inhaling an entire shower full of Joe! Massage oil smoothes and moisturizes, while coarsely ground coffee and raw sugar or sea salt rids your body of dead, flaky skin cells.
2 cups of coarsely ground coffee
1/2 cup raw sugar or sea salt
2-3 tablespoons massage oil (such as sunflower, jojoba, or apricot kernel oil)
Mix all ingredients together. Take a hot shower to moisten your skin and open pores. Using wide, circular motions, rub the scrub onto your skin with strong, even pressure. Shower off, pat skin dry, and apply a thin layer of your favorite body lotion. Then get ready to start your morning!